The Sinclairs of Co Monaghan
There were several Sinclair families living in Co Monaghan during the late eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Those in the parish of Muckno, near Castleblaney, were members of Frankford Presbyterian Church. However, the information about them is scanty, making it difficult to compile descendant tables. The best that can be achieved is to note what is in the records according to the townland they were living in at the time.
The townlands of Aghnadamph and Drumacrib, parish of Muckno, Mullyash, barony of Cremorne
John Sinclair (?1785-1879), 1827 farmer, Aghnadamph 14 acres, Drumacrib 13 acres, m. Elizabeth
John Sinclair (bef.1824-), 1864 farmer, Aghnadamph 8 acres, Drumacrib 24 acres
Drumaliss, parish of Muckno, Mullyash, barony of Cremorne
m. 2nd 1852 Eliza Clarke (c.1822-)
Annyart, parish of Muckno, Mullyash, barony of Cremorne
Joseph Sinclair, 1864, renting house
Laggins (Lagan), parish of Aghnamullen, barony of Cremorne
William Sinclair, 1829 farmer, 7 acres
William Sinclair, 1830 insolvent
Rabbit Island and Sheepwalk, parish of Drummully, barony of Dartree (now in Co Fermanagh)
James Sinclair, 1833 farmer, Rabbit Island 13 acres
William Sinclair, 1833 farmer, Rabbit Island 13 acres, Sheepwalk 5 acres
James Buchannan Sinclair and his wife Essie Jane Parks and their family had moved from Cavanreagh in Co Londonderry by the 1911 census to a farm in the townland of Drumleek South, parish of Muckno, barony of Cremorne.