Sinclairs of Co Clare
The only Sinclair recorded in Co Clare in 1845 was Peter Sinclair, who had a house and office in the townland of Kilduff Middle, parish of Tulla, barony of Tulla Upper, with a rateable value of £6 5s., and 111a 1r 34p of land, rated at £59 10s., held from James Maloney.
He was still recorded at Griffith’s Valuation in 1855, when the valuation had increased slightly to £7 and £64, respectively. He also owned an unoccupied house and offices in Kilduff Lower, rated at £5 in Griffith’s Valuation, and leased a further 1a 3r 35p (4s.) and 2a 1r 30p (16s.) in Kilduff Upper from James Maloney, and an office (5s.) and 30a 3r 1p (£4 15s.) from the same owner in Derryulk Upper.
In the village of Kilbane, parish of Killokennedy, Eliza Sinclair held a house from Timothy Hogan, with a rateable value of 8s. It seems likely that Eliza was Peter’s wife.
There are no records of any Sinclairs in Co Clare at the 1901 and 1911 censuses.